Monday, July 6, 2009

From Bad To Worse, To Even Worse....

The week started off with a 15 point birthday cake, and let's just say it went downhill from there. I took part of Wednesday and all of Thursday and Friday off of work to have some family days. We ventured out and about around town, and I didn't record my food. Of course, it is hard to find anything non-greasy when you are at places like 6 Flags. From there tack on a 4th of July day long celebration, filled with potato salad and other treats. Top it all off with a nasty cold (and I mean 'can't breathe without Afrin' nasty) and you have a week of disaster from a diet and health perspective. I think I exercised only one time this week, and still feel ill this morning.

I decided to move my weigh in day to Tuesday of each week to give my body a day to readjust from the weekend. Not sure if that is the right or wrong thing to do, but I just couldn't bring myself to step on the scale this am. I thought of changing it to a day later in the week, but decided against it to help me keep accountable over the weekends.

Anyhow, I'm going to try to have a 'detox' day today - mainly vegetables and fruits to eat, and lots of water - and I will get on the scale tomorrow to see what the damage is. Sigh.....I am not looking forward to that.

Hopefully this cold/virus will subside soon and I can get back to my running. The second 5k is this weekend for me. This past week was supposed to be my big training week to get to try to run the whole 5k. I'm still going to do the 5k, trying to run as much of it as I can, with my goal being to beat the time on my last 5k. I sure hope we don't have a heat wave this weekend (that would be just my luck). So I'll check back in tomorrow to record the damage and I'll just go on from there...........hope everyone else has had a better week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment