Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Fountain of Skinny - Could it be broccoli???

Ok, so it may not be the fountain of youth, but could it be something to help manage body weight?  Since beginning this journey, I have consistently eaten about a cup of broccoli per day (oftentimes more).  Raw broccoli with lunch, and sometimes steamed broccoli with dinner.  I haven't been able to run in weeks due to my hip injury, but I have been able to maintain my weight loss.  Could broccoli be the key?  I'm not sure, so I'm not taking any chances! 

No meetings today so I wore my jeans to work....my new jeans that I had to buy because my old jeans are falling off...my new size 2 jeans....ehhemm....did you see that...SIZE 2!  And this is no Talbots size 2, these are from The Gap - Boot Cut Size 2 jeans!  And yes, I can breathe!  Ok, so I know sizes have changed, and the new 2 is the old 4, yada yada, but I can't help feeling on cloud 9 that something I'm wearing is a size 2 - I don't think I've ever worn a 2 before...ever!

The hip is improving but not good enough for running yet.  Looks like I will be walking the Nike+ 10k on Saturday in two installments.  Hope everyone is doing great.  I'm sorry I haven't checked in in weeks - I'll try to get back to a weekly post going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment