Tuesday, September 29, 2009

120!!! 120!!! 120!!!

Woo-Hoo!! 120 this am! I can't believe that I have lost 18 pounds!! What a great feeling. Journaling what you eat and exercising WORKS!!

These last 2 weeks have been tough from a running standpoint. Two weeks ago, I noticed that the muscles on the right side of my hip were hurting - not too bad - but enough to be annoying. I didn't think much of it, and then I had a busy week so I figured it was probably good to give everything a rest anyhow - but worried that I would get out of my routine.

So last Tuesday when I went to run, I purposfully ran in the opposite direction around the trail thinking that maybe the curve of the trail was irritating my hip. I ran through the pain and did just over 5 miles. I was feeling on top of the world, but the next day and for the rest of this past week, my hip was SORE. So I haven't run since then and have been using the heating pad and Motrin to help the pain. I made an appointment to see and Orthopaedic doctor tomorrow am, so I'll get the official word then.

For exercise, I have done my arm weights several times and my 8 Minute Abs video once. I adjusted my calorie intake to 1200 (I'm ususally around 1450) to account for the lack of running. So I was surprised that the scale was down 2 pounds this week. It may be a fluke so I won't panic if I'm up a bit next week, but for now now I'm enjoying it! Tonight, I plan on doing some walking and will see how that goes as far as my hip is concerned.

The Biggest Loser is on tonight, so that always helps in the motivation department too! Hope everyone is having a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment