Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's a Groove Thang.....

...and I currently don't have one!! 

I am a creature of habit - one of those people who orders the same thing in a restaurant every time - makes a list for everything and does best when sticking to a schedule.  But life doesn't always cooperate.  Just when I'm finally able to run again, daylight savings time hits and the weather changes, so my old routine of running outside when my 9 year old has evening soccer practice is history.  That was my 'thang' and it worked so well for 16+ weeks.  Now it is too dark to run in the park next to his practice field, and outdoor practices are coming to an end soon anyhow.

SOOOO - I'm in desperate need of new groove thang.  Anyone want to give me theirs???

Morning runs would be great, but I just can't seem to get myself going to run before work.  I can barely take a shower without first having a cup of coffee.  I have a great treadmill, but I get bored so quickly on it.  My runs seem so much longer on the treadmill than they do outdoors.  But evening outdoor runs are not an option for me - I won't run outside in the dark.   I sure hope I can get myself into a new groove before the holidays.  I baked a batch of peanut butter kiss cookies the other day 'for my boys' and I've been munching on them ever since - yikes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment