Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Checking-In and Recipe Sharing!

Just watched The Biggest Loser Finale - so glad Danny won - I really liked him.  That show always motivates me - I was hungry tonight but opted for a banana and a glass of water instead of a granola bar and a diet soda - same calories, but guess which one is better for you?!  Anyhow, I'm hanging in there with my weight.  I'm sporadically exercising, still not back into my groove yet, but hopefully I will be there soon.  I am not going to beat myself up over it - just going to try a few different approaches and see what sticks through the winter.  I'm temporarily sidetracked with a sinus  infection - I am so not a fan of being ill.  Ugh.  Hope everyone else is doing great.  I thought I would start to add a quick recipe idea to this blog every now and then.  Here is a super fast one from my sister, Kristen.  I named it : )

"Slow Cooker Chicken Salsa-lighto"
1 jar of your favorite salsa (I love peach mango)
3-4 chicken breasts, rinsed (ok if frozen)
1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
Wheat tortillas

Add a few spoons of salsa to bottom of slow cooker and arrange chicken breasts on top as evenly as possible.  Cover chicken with remainder of salsa.  Spread black beans on top (do not mix in).  Slow cook all day (6-8 hrs on low).  Once cooked, take two forks and shred chicken breasts.  Gently mix everything together.  Serve on warmed tortillas. 

This is fantastic tasting, healthy, and sooooo easy to make!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment