Friday, June 19, 2009

Snnoorrree..........

Ok, the treadmill is getting boring. I can watch TV while I'm on it, but it doesn't really help (maybe I need to find a show that catches my attention more than the clock/distance on my treadmill). On Tuesday I did my 2 miles in 27:40 minutes - not great but not bad. I am trying a new approach of running at a faster pace and powerwalking when I need to. Wed was a rest day, and last night I got back on the treadmill thinking I would do better than Tuesday. It seemed like I was on there f.o.r.e.v.e.r.... and I had to do more walking than running. I was a bit upset that it was so hard, and stopped after about 1.25 miles. I did my arm work and then a few things around the house. It was still light outside, so I decided to take a lap around the neighborhood. It took me about 12 minutes (walking/running) so I'm thinking it may be 3/4 of a mile or so. I plan to check the distance with my car today. The change of scenery really helped and I was so glad I didn't just throw in the towel on the workout. My husband and I did the 8 minute abs video before bed and I woke up today feeling great (and down a pound to boot!).

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand! When I was training for the Avon Walk some weeks were great and some weeks were HARD. The treadmill is hard anyway, in my opinion. Running feels very different on the treadmill than on the street/trails. Hang in there!! :) WE can do it! :)

    p.s. Okay, the word that I have to type for verification is "funtron". Seriously. Tron, as in machines, and fun, as in fun. Is there a more apt word for this post? Trying to have fun on those blasted machines!?!?

    ReplyDelete