Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weight Watchers Favorites

Thought I'd take a moment to post a few of my favorite WW friendly foods and I'd love to hear what yours are too...
  • Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie Patties - these cook up quickly in the microwave and I eat one on a whole wheat bun with a bit of ketchup for a filling 3 point lunch. I've eaten these for lunch several times a week for the past 3 years (so I sure hope they don't find out they contain some kind of disease causing agent someday - haha) - delish!!
  • WW Yogurts - I have a hard time getting in my milk - not a big dairy person here - but I do like their one point yogurts.
  • Here is a new discovery for me: Eat Smart fresh salads brand Santa Maria Style- Broccoli Salad. I got mine by the bagged salads at Shop-n-save. It comes in its own little container - perfect to take to work. Lotsa broccoli, some carrots and red cabbage, then a bag of crunchy stuff to put on top (soynuts, dried cranberries & sunflower seeds) and a light tangy dressing. It took a while to eat and was a very filling 3 points. On the days I ate this last week I had low points days...hmmm....gotta stock up on these!
This evening is going to be a test for me. We have a bbq party for my son's soccer team. I'm sure there will be a lot of food with limited healthy choices. I plan to eat a lot of veggies before I go and to focus on the conversation and not the food while I am there. Earlier today I was at the ballpark for a little league double header. I packed some fruit for myself and then took DS to Subway after for lunch so I'm pretty good on points so far today. I hope I am able to pass by all the food tonight. Wish me luck because my first official weigh-in is tomorrow!!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you did well tonight, Jenn! I had the same problem last night... it ended up that the only things that I could "legally" eat were what I brought and the bbq meat the hostess prepared... I cheated a tiny bit with a couple spoonfuls of potato salad and a bite of cake, and after two weeks of no carbs or sugars, my insides were protesting today. Blech! Good incentive to stay on the diet, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the WW yogurts, had one earlier today--yum! Key Lime is my fave. I will have to try the veggie burgers, they sound good!

    ReplyDelete